Sunday 19 October 2014

The Parcel- Marie Claire 1st box

This When Marie Claire announced 'the Parcel' a new quarterly beauty subscription boasting top brand collaborators I was beyond excited! I subscribed for the 1st box immediately! 
Cost: $25 quarterly 
Promised value: over $100

So let me show you what it was like! 

The outer was shrink wrapped the address was printed onto the coverslip- (Hence my hand covering) 

Opening impressions: 


The card: 
Top- opened up 
Bottom L: front cover 
Bottom R: back cover





Benefitcosmetics they're real liner and mascara: 
So adorable! And wow! The liner is gooooood! It quite literally will. Not. Budge! I rubbed and smeared, scrubbed and wiped- it's amazing! This sample size gives you a good try before you buy. 
They're real mascara- I've used this before- I really quite like it- see my past review! 

Revlon colour stay lip stain: 
I probably wouldn't purchase this shade- it's the lightest in the range and being a little frosty it's looks even lighter. Formula: The texture is not amazing- I'm not blown away or tempted to try another hue (due to frost it doesn't apply evenly and looks a bit odd)  As a plus, the applicator wand is a good size and shape. 


Opi nail polish: 
I am starting to wonder if the companies put dud shades in these boxes!? This is a n interesting colour- I can see it appealing to a few people but generally it's not a showstopping 'love that' shade! I would call it purple petrol? 


Pantene shampoo and conditioner and loreal Elnett hair spray: 
Pantene are out in force at the moment! They are also in this month's bellabox (review to come- check it out). This is the third lot Pantene samples this year. I really liked their Aqua light range in bellabox March. (See that post too). I will willingly try these and see how they go. They smell really good! 

How handy this mini hairspray will be! I've been using fudge coconut & apple hairspray for 10 years, so I doubt I'll make the switch- that said, This is handy to have in a handbag size. It's a bit of a cult classic. 

Lancôme visionaries skin corrector- 
This product is so velvety- I am always keen for pore products so I can't wait to use this for a week and see if I like it. It's texture and scent are so far so good. 


So that's it! Marie Claire 'the parcel' first box. 
I think the value is there if you get colours  you like- if you don't then it's a bit of a bust. I won't resubscribe for now- they didn't quite win me over with the shades and other recent beauty box duplicates. 

What did you think?! 










No comments:

Post a Comment